The Creative Spirit
What makes a good 'read' to you?
For me, it's more than just words on a page. I want to be pulled in by the mind pictures that those words create, right from the first page. I want to feel the chill, or the excitement, or the emotion that the beginning of a story can instill in me in the first chapter or two. That shiver at the back of my neck, those heartstrings being plucked.
So I'm yet to be convinced that AI can successfully achieve what human creative writers have been achieving for generations. For centuries.
And yet, we're told to believe, that in time AI will indeed be replacing writers, journalists, poets, storytellers, lyricists. Can science REALLY create a robot that can be free-thinking? It's true that AI can write songs and books - it's doing it now. But essentially what we're seeing it do is to plagiarise other human ideas.
What will the future hold? Once, we could never believe that science would develop a telephone that you could stick in your pocket and use anywhere that you traveled in the world. Now, we take that technology for granted. Will the day come when future generations can't imagine human's writing stories to amuse, entertain, or educate us? Will we, too become obsolete?
I wonder. Do you?




Comments
Post a Comment